Hemorrhoid is not really an alarming health condition, but it can bring discomfort to individuals especially when it is severe and persistent. What are hemorrhoids? It is considered as varicose veins particularly in the anus or rectum that is manifested by bleeding, pain, discomfort, and itching. The common causes of hemorrhoids are lack of exercise, inadequate fiber intake, pregnancy, cirrhosis, anal intercourse and such.
Hemorrhoids are a common condition that normally heals on its own. However, many people suffering from hemorrhoids experience it for a much longer time compared to other individuals. No doubt, having a hemorrhoid causes quite a discomfort aside from the fact that it can delay or affect the conduct of daily activities. This is the reason why it is essential to adopt certain techniques to get rid of hemorrhoids.
How do you get rid of hemorrhoids?
• Increase your fiber intake. Add fiber to one’s daily intake by 30 grams each day. The purpose of fiber intake is to lessen the inflammation and bleeding caused by hemorrhoids. It aids the stool to become soft like. This can reduce additional irritation to the hemorrhoids. With or without hemorrhoids, it is important to include fiber intake in the diet to avoid such complications like hemorrhoids.
• Head over to the bathroom when in need to move bowel. This healthy practice can reduce the risk to increase pressure from developing within the anus. Stopping bowel movement can cause serious problem in the hemorrhoids. It is important to avoid straining bowel movement during elimination.
• Perform a sitz bath technique at least three times a day and once each bowel movement. Load a tub with warm water and sit in it around 15 to 20 minutes. When finished, pat gently the anus with a soft towel to dry the area. Conducting a sitz bath technique initiate a reduction of itching and anal pain.
• Try to consider applying over-the-counter drug such as corticosteroid cream or ointment in the anus. Depending on the instruction manual, put the cream or ointment on the finger and meticulously spread out the cream or ointment around the affected part of the anus. Corticosteroid creams or ointment can soothe both pain and itchiness due to hemorrhoids.
• Utilize stool softeners such as laxatives. It can help reduce the pressure during the bowel movement especially when the hemorrhoid is accompanied by constipation. It can assist in the prevention of the damaged rectal walls. Laxative prevents more hemorrhoids to form which will just make the health complication worse.
• Also try to use cider vinegar; it is a good source to get rid of hemorrhoids in the rectal area. A small amount of cider vinegar is applied around the hemorrhoid about three times a day. According to experts that recommend this method, it offers good results by showing a shrink in size of hemorrhoids within a week.
• Employ cold compress by using an ice pack into the affected part of the anus. Cold compress can help alleviate the swelling and can reduce the size of the hemorrhoids.
• Incorporate regular exercise in the daily regimen. Regular exercise can promote better metabolism. It can help eradicate the formation of hemorrhoids in the anus. Also, exercise aids to reduce stress or pressure in the blood stream in the hemorrhoidal veins in the anus.
• When the hemorrhoids worsen, it is important to conduct a visit to the physician to find better clinical intervention. The clinical approach of the physician is banding. This procedure tightens the affected part by using elastic bandage to stop sending blood supply in the anus. It falls off by itself in due time.
There are many ways on how to get rid of hemorrhoids. Whatever technique is used to alleviate or remove hemorrhoids, it is essential to have proper consultation with a doctor.